Friday, September 6, 2013

Holy Ghost


The Holy Ghost is a powerful teacher and can touch our hearts in the softest ways. I love the line “simply when we need to know that God is near.” Sometimes I feel alone and just need to know someone cares. The Holy Ghost is the comforter and I can feel a physical embrace when I receive that comfort. Other times when making big decisions I want to know that I am making the right choice. I also really like knowing that the Holy Ghost can teach us. When raising children there is a lot about kids that no one can teach you about. Each child is so unique and it takes a different way of parenting for each one. No one knows our children better than God himself and He can teach us what we need to know. There is no reason to despair when we keep the Spirit close.

 Craig C Christensen, “An Unspeakable Gift from God,” Ensign, Nov 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment