Sunday, September 29, 2013

What We Know Will Always Trump What We Do Not Know


When I was a youth I remember I loved to ask questions that no one knew the answers to, such as what is it like on the other worlds God has created. They were fun to ask at the time but as I grew older and did not have answers I got bogged down and focused on them alone. There are many basic principles that we have been taught and that will always be true. We are children of our Heavenly Father who loves us and who sent His son to die for us so that we could return again to Him. I have learned that my previous questions are not ones I need to worry about and others should not worry about them as well. What is important is what we do know and what God has told us through prophets that we still need to learn. God will never leave us hanging and will always provide the knowledge we need and are ready for. In the end I agree with Elder Holland, “what we know will always trump what we do not know.”

               Jeffrey R Holland, “Lord, I Believe,” Ensign, May 2013, 94. 

No comments:

Post a Comment