Monday, September 2, 2013

Perfect Family


I was raised in a family that everyone thought was perfect. People looking in from the outside thought my parents had parenting down and that we were all perfect little kids. Though I was raised well there were still many problems and trials that brought us to where we are today. Even now there are struggles my family is going through that no one would ask for. As I have gone through my study of family life classes I have learned how many ways things can go wrong in the home. It does not mean that it is over and that there is no more hope, it does not mean that we are bad people if we do it wrong. It means that no one is perfect and we should not compare ourselves to others. It is really hard to imagine how others view you, they may think you are the one who is perfect. The best thing to do is to keep trying, and help each other. 

Elder Robert D. Hales, “Strengthening Families: Our Sacred Duty,” Ensign, May 1999, 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment