Sunday, September 15, 2013

Teach Your Families


Often I feel guilty when apostles talk about the family and I feel like I am not doing enough. There are many times when I feel like I receive no appreciation for the work I do. I am sure that there are many who feel the same as me. During this talk though, I felt as though it was a great reminder that the hard work that goes into raising children is important. There really is no greater work we can do because if we are not the ones to teach our children then no one will. There are so many challenges for the youth of today and after seeing how important the knowledge of the Holy Ghost and the Atonement is in my life I can only imagine the aid it will be for the youth. I want my children to be armed with the best weapons against the adversary and I need to teach myself fully those principles so that I am prepared to teach my children when they are ready.

Boyd K Packer, “These Things I Know,” Ensign, May 2013, 7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment