Sunday, September 8, 2013

Unfinished Composition


I think it is a wonderful blessing to hear the testimony of the apostles and the prophets. Especially from one who has had years of experience. President Packer describes through his poem the simple truths such as how “we have no greater friend” and shows that we do not need to know all the symbols of every scripture story. In the end it will come down to how well we know God and have followed His commandments. Another thing I love about this poem is that coming to know God does not come all at once and does not come early. It comes with time as shown by President Packer describing it at the end of his poem. I think the apostles are great to lean on when someone’s testimony is weak or just starting. Their testimonies are so pure and simple and the spirit testifies of the truthfulness of the words. I hope that in the end we can all say “my Lord, my God, I know.”

Boyd K Packer, “Unfinished Composition,” 2012. 

No comments:

Post a Comment